With over 60 members, the Club is one of the larger in the UK in terms of membership. The club has now moved from the Bowenhurst Golf Centre to a new site at the Cody Sports & Social Club at Pyestock in Farnborough.
- The Club draws its membership from the surrounding area and comprises almost equal numbers of men and women, encompassing a range of ages and abilities. We welcome junior mmebers and the Club recognizes that pétanque is one of the few sports where the disabled can often play as equal partners to the able-bodied.
- The club is once again a member of the British Petanque Association - now called Petanque England. Once again we will be participating in Southern Counties Petanque Association leagues. For further details of the SCPA follow the link on the Links tab where you will find details of their upcoming events. We will also participate in the North Downs League, which was initiated by one of our founder members. This is a friendly league with games played locally in the North Hampshire area and makes a good introduction to playing in the regional leagues.
- The Club organises a full calendar of its own events, from singles, doubles and triples competitions, to informal mêlées and friendly matches against neighbouring clubs. Please see under the Events tab for our current calendar.
- There is currently no formal Club Night but Wednesday and Saturday afternoons are popular for informal games amongst the membership. Both sessions commence at 11.00am and many members enjoy a picnic lunch. Play often continues unitl 4.00pm. The bar at the Cody sports& Social Club is open from 12.00 noon until 2.00pm for purchaseo of drinks
- During the present crisis use of the terrain is strictly controlled. Any play must be pre-booked with the club secretary and must conform to the current social distancing and other government guidelines.
- PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP SINCE NUMBERS ATTENDING ARE LIMITED